We Are Here for You
Patients get most benefit from Hospice of Hilo when they enroll as early as possible. Early enrollment allows staff to:
- Quickly bring stability to the patient's life
- Successfully control pain and other symptoms
- Thoroughly understand patient's and family's needs
- Effectively put in place a range of support services
Comfort You Can Count On
- Physician's consultation and coordination
- Spiritual counseling and support
- Social worker for emotional and social support
- Nursing care
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Medication and treatments for management of symptom and pain relief
- Short-term hospitalization care
- Inpatient hospice care
- Physical, nutritional, occupational and speech therapy
- Support services provided by certified Hospice volunteers
- Assistance with bathing and activities of daily living
- Chore service for meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Coordination with community programs
- Information regarding living wills, power of attorney and funeral arrangements
- Grief and bereavement support
Quality of Life is Valued
The patient can:
- keep his/her own Primary Care Physician
- receive care in the comfort of where he/she lives
- have access to Hospice of Hilo services 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- choose, at any time, to be discharged if condition improves or he/she wishes to seek curative treatment, always with an option to return
- Most health insurance plans—such as Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance programs—include a hospice benefit. Some of these plans cover the cost of hospice care 100% while others require a co-payment.
- For those without health insurance, Hospice of Hilo charges a sliding-scale fee based on financial status. We will work to make sure everyone gets the services they need.
- Hospice of Hilo accepts patients with every kind of life-threatening illness or injury without regard to race,
color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, handicap (mental or physical), or place of national origin.
We are dedicated to supporting patients and their loved ones so they can focus on what's most important; time together.