Come Join Our Team
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for several key positions as part of our deep commitment to excellence in all forms of hospice care.
Hospice of Hilo provides excellent benefits, competitive salaries and a very supportive working environment.
We are committed to living from our core values of Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Hope and Quality.
We currently have job openings for our Inpatient Care Center and our Hospice Homecare Services.
Current Job Openings: Inpatient Care Center
Per Diem (on-call pool) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Provides excellent clinical care in accordance with the LPN scope of practice.
- Must be available for day/night/weekend/holiday assignments as needed.
- Must be currently licensed as an LPN in Hawai`i.
- 2 years experience in a hospice, hospital or nursing home setting preferred.
Per Diem (on-call pool) Registered Nurse (RN):
- Provides skilled hospice nursing care to multiple patients in a facility setting as a member of the clinical team.
- Requires excellent observation, critical thinking, assessment, nursing judgment & communication skills.
- Must be available for shift work as needed: day/evening/weekend/holiday.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Hawaii and degree required; BSN degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in a hospice, hospital or nursing home setting.
Per Diem (on-call pool) Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA):
- Requires excellent personal care and communication skill
- Compassionate, flexible, well-organized and dependable individual
- Must be available for day/evening/weekend/holiday & PTO coverage assignments as needed
- Current State of Hawai’i CNA certification required
- Minimum 2 years home health or hospice care experience.
Current Job Openings: Hospice Homecare Services
- Requires strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsible to lead, develop, coordinate and manage homecare clinical program and systems
- BSN required, MSN preferred from an accredited program and licensed in the State of Hawai’i
- Two (2) years hospice management and five years of leadership experience preferred
- Possession and maintenance of a valid Hawai’i State nursing license
- Valid CPR certification.
F/T Registered Nurse:
- Highly skilled nurse with ability to exercise professional judgment using excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Provides direct patient/family palliative nursing care, education & support.
- Current RN Hawai‘i State licensure required.
- B.S.N. & 2 years nursing experience preferred.
- Detail oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy of work essential.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with excellent research skills.
- Will be responsible for patient care billing, insurance eligibility and benefit verification, accounts receivable (including reconciliation), and systematic record keeping.
- Working knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office, and electronic medical record system.
- Professional accounting software knowledge a plus.
- Minimum of an AS Degree in accounting, business or related field.
- 2 yrs medical billing experience in a healthcare setting preferred. (Hospice billing a plus)
Medical Social Worker:
- Conducts initial assessments & implements psychosocial counseling. Demonstrates clinical competencies.
- Collaborates & consults with interdisciplinary team regarding the plan of care.
- Supports patient’s adjustment of terminal illness & palliative medical treatment.
- Establishes the need for & provides information, coordinates resource planning & referrals to community resources.
- Required: Masters Degree in Social Work AND LSW or LCSW licensure in the State of Hawai`i.
- Required: Minimum one year social work experience in healthcare setting.
- Home/health, hospice/bereavement experience preferred.
Per Diem (on-call pool) Registered Nurse (RN):
Responds to phone calls and provides nursing care coverage for day/night/weekend/holiday & PTO as needed
Requires excellent observation, critical thinking, assessment, nursing judgment & communication skills
Current RN State of Hawai’i licensure required
B.S.N. & 2 years nursing experience preferred
Physical Therapist (Casual Hire):
**Advertised Homecare positions require driver’s license, auto insurance & reliable transportation. ***
To apply, send resume & cover letter to Hospice of Hilo, 1011 Waianuenue Ave., Hilo, HI 96720, or fax: 961-7397 or email: email@example.com
No Phone Calls or Inquiries will be accepted.
Click HERE to download an Application
It is our mission to improve the lives of those we touch by offering support, guidance and compassionate care of body, mind and spirit.