Come Join Our Team
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for several key positions as part of our deep commitment to excellence in all forms of hospice care.
Hospice of Hilo provides excellent benefits, competitive salaries and a very supportive working environment.
We are committed to living from our core values of Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Hope and Quality.
We currently have job openings for our Inpatient Care Center and our Hospice Homecare Services.
Current Job Openings: Inpatient Care Center
Per Diem (on-call pool) Registered Nurse (RN):
- Provides skilled hospice nursing care to multiple patients in a facility setting as a member of the clinical team.
- Requires excellent observation, critical thinking, assessment, nursing judgment & communication skills.
- Must be available for shift work as needed: day/evening/weekend/holiday.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Hawaii and degree required; BSN degree preferred.
- 2 years experience in a hospice, hospital or nursing home setting.
Per Diem-Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Provides excellent clinical care in accordance with the LPN scope of practice.
- Must be available for day/night/weekend/holiday assignments as needed.
- Must be currently licensed as an LPN in Hawai`i.
- 2 years experience in a hospice, hospital or nursing home setting preferred.
Current Job Openings: Hospice Homecare Services
Temporary FT--Medical Biller:
Hospice of Hilo is looking for an experienced medical biller to help us with the completion of setup and billing for Physician Billing in one of our new lines of business. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must possess the following skills:
- Detail oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy of work essential; ability to multi-task.
- Experience with various physician billing software.
- Knowledge in setting up physician billing systems.
- Will be responsible for patient care billing, insurance eligibility and
benefit verification, accounts receivable, and systematic record keeping.
- Working knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office, and electronic medical record system.
- Professional accounting software knowledge a plus.
- Minimum of an AS Degree in accounting, business or related field.
- 5+ yrs medical billing experience in a healthcare setting.
This is a fulltime *temporary* position with extension possibilities based on operational needs.
Position requires valid driver's license, auto insurance & reliable transportation.
FT Human Resource Account Clerk:
Hospice of Hilo's vision is a community where all people and families facing serious illness,
death and grief can access and experience the highest quality care and support.
We are currently looking for a flexible, well-organized, dependable individual, able to embrace the Hospice philosophy with the following skills:
Responsible for daily administrative operations of the HR Dept under the direction of the Director.
Knowledge of State & Federal employment laws mandatory.
Working knowledge of HR policies, office procedures and customer service standards are essential.
Requires research, critical thinking, & assessment skills.
Excellent organizational, written, & verbal skills.
2yr Associates degree in Accounting, HR or Business related from an accredited college.
2yrs minimum experience in HR or related field preferred.
Physical Therapist (Casual Hire):
**Advertised Homecare positions require driver’s license, auto insurance & reliable transportation. ***
To apply, send resume & cover letter to Hospice of Hilo, 1011 Waianuenue Ave., Hilo, HI 96720, or fax: 961-7397 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls or Inquiries will be accepted.
Click HERE to download an Application
It is our mission to be an integral part of the community, providing compassionate, quality end-of-life care through support, counseling and education.